When considering elderly home care for your loved one living in the Bowie area, it's important to make sure you're informed. The best way to accomplish this is by asking plenty of questions. At Interim HealthCare of Prince George's County, we compiled a list of questions to help you determine if you need the assistance of a caregiver and a few questions to ask prospective agencies.
Questions to Ask About Elderly Home Care
Determining what your needs are and then finding an elder home care agency in the Bowie area are your two top priorities. Let's look at some questions you can ask to help decide if elderly home care is right for your family.
- Is my loved one struggling to live independently? Do you find yourself spending more time at Mom and Dad's helping them with housework or running errands? Are you worried your loved one is at risk for falling? Have you noticed changes in your parents' personal hygiene? All of these are signs that it may be time to find a caregiver. If you feel like having a helping hand would benefit your loved one, it's time to call our office in Bowie.
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by the amount of help your loved one needs? All too often, we jump in ready to help our parents with all their needs only to find out that we are overwhelmed by the number of requests or the time it takes. This is the ideal time to find a caregiver. Whether we provide respite care services or regular daily care, we can relieve the stress and pressure you are feeling.
- Have you moved away from the Bowie area? Today, it's common for adult children to live far from their aging parents. Whether you're across town, across the state, or across the country, having an elderly home care provider who can be your eyes and ears will help you to know that your loved one is safe at home.
Once you've determined that care is needed, it's time to focus on finding an elderly home care agency that can meet your needs. Here are some questions you can ask when interviewing agencies.
- What kind of services do you offer? Some agencies specialize in only certain kinds of care, while others provide a wider range of services. Make sure you understand the type of care the agency provides and that it meets you needs. At Interim HealthCare of Prince George's County, we provide personal care services, care for chronic diseases, care for dementia and Alzheimer's, and respite care services.
- How are care schedules set? Every family has a unique schedule that must be accommodated. At Interim HealthCare of Prince George's County, we'll make sure that we have caregivers available when you need them. Our care plans are customized to your needs and preferred schedule.
- Tell me about your caregivers. The caregiver is perhaps the most important component of care. We make sure our caregivers are carefully vetted, experienced, kind, and compassionate.
Get Started Today!
When it's time to find an elderly home care agency, we'll be here to answer your questions and to get you the help you need.
Call us today at (240) 510-1357 for more information about our elderly home care in Bowie. We also help seniors living in Beltsville, Largo, Laurel, and the surrounding communities.